Bruising after a car accident can be a sign of a more serious injury. According to, “a bruise shows up when an injury makes small blood vessels under your skin bleed. Your skin isn’t broken, so the blood doesn’t have anywhere to go. It pools and forms clots and changes the color of the skin above the injury. Harder blows tend to cause bigger bruises — also called contusions. They may be tender or hurt badly.”

Since a bruise is an indicator of something happening under the skin’s surface, it is difficult to know exactly what to expect. If you have suffered a car accident in Washington and see bruises on your body, get medical help right away. Only a medical professional can assess your injuries and let you know if they are a sign of a much more serious problem. Church and Page are skilled, trusted car accident attorneys who will fight for your right to medical bill compensation that covers the cost of your accident-related injuries.

How Soon Should I See A Doctor After Getting Into A Car Accident?

If you see bruises on your body after a car accident, you need medical attention right away. Either go straight to the emergency room for the most prompt care possible, or schedule an appointment with your general practitioner as soon as you possibly can. You may have a latent injury.

Even if you have no bruising on your body, it’s best to get medical attention as soon as you can. There are other latent injuries that aren’t revealed through bruising, and you may have no sign at all of the damage inside your body. Never assume that you’re medically well, and get help right away.

Why Is It So Important To See A Doctor After A Car Accident?

First and foremost, it’s crucial to ensure that you are safe and sound after an accident. Only a medical professional can be trusted to determine this. But in addition to making sure you’re okay, it’s crucial to get evidence of the accident’s impact on your body, and this is achieved through medical records.

Let’s say, for example, that you got into an accident early in January and saw some bruising on your arm and sides. If you decided not to go get medical attention to check out the bruises, perhaps they cleared up on their own and you assumed everything was fine. Now, later in February, you have internal complications and discover that bruising was a sign of something more. If you go to the doctor in February for injuries you claim are a result of an accident a month prior, it might be hard to prove this before a judge. Always get your injuries documented as soon as possible after the car accident so that there is no discrepancy regarding how the injuries occurred and when.

How Can A Lawyer Help Me If I Have Been Injured After An Accident?

Getting injured in a car accident can change your life forever. Getting the medical attention you need, even for what seems like minor bruises, is crucial to your recovery. But another vital aspect of your recovery is contacting a personal injury lawyer and scheduling a consultation. With the help of a personal injury lawyer, you can fight back against the negligent driver and hold them accountable for the injuries they caused.

At Church and Page, our Washington car accident lawyers offer a free, no obligation consultation for any accident victim who has been injured. As an injured accident victim in Washington, you have the right to hold the at fault party accountable for the damages they caused, and our team can help. Our lawyers will fight for your right to compensation that can help you pay your medical bills, recoup lost wages, and more. Even if you are unsure whether or not your accident case can qualify for a personal injury claim, call our office to ask your initial questions. We pride ourselves on being a resource to Washington accident victims, and will fight for you every step of the way.

Schedule A Free Consultation With A Kennewick Personal Injury Lawyer If You Have Been Injured In Kennewick

Even minor bruising can be a sign of a much more serious injury–but even bruising may be enough to file a claim. If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence on the road, you have every right to hold that party accountable and seek compensation.

Schedule your free car accident consultation with Church and Page today.